Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Week 3: Vistaprint Order Placed! Yippie!

I love Vistaprint! Every year I order color brochures for my students and parents (you can see these at the end of this post). I mail these out after class lists are posted for all to see. The brochures give them an idea of what to expect in my class.

I also ordered some business cards for several different things.

This first card is a birthday reward card. This is the first year I've ordered these but it will be something fun to give my students on their birthday. I'm sure they will love it.


Free Business Cards by Vistaprint

These are extra iPad time cards. I have a good job jar. Throughout the week the kids have several chances to earn tickets to go in the jar. I normally give tickets for good behavior, guessing the big word of the day, posting to the class blog, and several other reasons. At the end of the week I draw 4 tickets. The first 3 get their choice of a homework pass, lunch with a friend pass, or extra iPad time pass. The last ticket pulled is what we call the "lucky dog" because they get one of each pass.
Free Business Cards by Vistaprint

These are my new homework passes.
Free Business Cards by Vistaprint

Yes, the desk fairy comes in my 5th grade classroom. I have always given a ticket for the good job jar when the desk fairy comes but this coming year I'm giving these cards. I think it will be a little something different and keeps the room from looking like an episode of Hoarders.

6 comments:

  1. Hey there! I am a 1st/2nd grade teachers who is moving to 5th grade ELA next year. I am SO excited to have found your blog! I student taught in 5th grade, but that was in 2004... so I'm a bit nervous!

    I am sure your blog will be a great resource for me!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brochure is a GREAT idea! I may just have to use that! Also, thanks for the link to Vistaprint, I will check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been meaning to investigate Vista Print for classroom stuff and now I am convinced :)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Vistaprint! I've ordered brochures and homework passes from them for the last 3 years. If you watch their site they do offer some free things- take advantage of those offers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I've often made my own reward cards for extra credit or clean desks, but I never thought to get cards made through VistaPrint!

    I'm really enjoying your blog! I'm new to blogging myself, so I love seeing other blogs that inspire me. I hope you can check mine out.

    Mel

    teachingwithmsmel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is your good jar your only classroom reward system? If so or not can you explain the concet pretty please??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.